SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking Cultural Resource Technicians for our Pittsburgh, PA office. These position(s) will consist of office and field duties, as required on a project specific basis. These are temporary, hourly positions and hours may vary depending on project specific workload. Pay rate will be commensurate with individual’s qualifications and experience.
SWCA offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a competitive benefits package, including an employee stock ownership retirement plan (ESOP).
If you are seeking an opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions, then SWCA will be a great fit for you!
· Conduct archaeological field work under the supervision of a Crew Chief(s) and/or Field Director
· Complete archaeological surveying, field testing, including shovel test pits and excavation units, data recovery, and associated field recording, including completion of field forms, digital photography and in-field mapping
· Research and process desktop file reviews of known cultural resources in PA, WV, OH or surrounding states, as applicable
· Assist with GPS data collection in the field. Contribute to archaeological office and lab work, as needed
· Completion of accredited field school or equivalent experience
· Ability to conduct field work in inclement weather and/or rugged terrain, for long hours and ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
· Valid drivers’ license
· Local experience strongly preferred.
· Bachelor's degree in Anthropology, Archaeology or closely related field strongly preferred.
· Knowledge of Trimble Handheld GeoXH GPS units and TerraSync or Arcpad Software is a plus
SWCA Environmental Consultants is an employee-owned company specializing in environmental planning, permitting and compliance, natural and cultural resource management, air quality and sustainability planning. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, SWCA has twenty-eight offices throughout the United States. SWCA ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
In support of our value of integrity, SWCA promotes a safe and drug free workplace. We participate in E-verify and pre-employment background screening services.
SWCA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.
Visit SWCA’s web site, www.swca.com, and discover why SWCA is a great place to work for environmental professionals interested in sound science and creative solutions
How to Apply:
Resumes must be received through our online application system to receive consideration. By clicking on new resume you can upload your cover letter and resume. Use the link below to submit your application.