SEARCH, a leading nationwide and global provider of cultural resources services to government and commercial customers, is continuously seeking top talent in the cultural resource management industry. As a full service company, SEARCH offers a multidisciplinary integration of our five divisions: Archaeology, Maritime Archaeology, Architectural History, History and Archives, and Heritage Design.
SEARCH has an immediate openings for full time Archaeological Technicians to join our terrestrial division for multiple archaeological surveys and excavation projects located predominantly in the Eastern United States. These projects are across variable terrain and will consist primarily of shovel testing and unit excavation.
Qualified candidates should possess:
* Bachelor's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related field;
* At least six (6) months of archaeological field experience at an accredited archaeological field school or professional cultural resources firm;
* Experience performing archaeological survey and excavation within the Eastern United States and/or Midwest;
* Ability to meet deadlines while remaining detail-oriented, organized, and able to work well on simultaneous tasks;
* Competence of taking detailed and relevant project notes;
* Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills;
* Competence of collecting field data using Trimble GPS units and navigating using USGS maps and aerial photography;
* Ability to travel up to weeks at a time; and
* A valid driver's license and access to reliable transportation.
This position can be based out of SEARCH's Florida offices of Jacksonville, Gainesville, or Orlando, or can be based out of our New Orleans, LA, or Portsmouth, NH office. Preference given to qualified candidates local to SEARCH offices. Chosen candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check, including DMV.
In Word or as a PDF, please send a cover letter which highlights your experience in the Eastern US including any Southeastern/Florida experience, your resume/CV, a minimum of two professional references, and your dates of your availability. SEARCH may contact references and will treat all employment inquires with discretion. Apply here: https://search.workable.com/jobs/444931
Applicants need to be eligible to be employed in the United States. SEARCH offers a competitive total compensation package with strong health & wellness and retirement plans. Pay will be commensurate with education and experience. For more information on SEARCH, please visit www.searchinc.com and follow us on Facebook or Instagram.
SEARCH is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish.
SEARCH is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
SEARCH is an Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.