Heritage Consultants, a Connecticut-based cultural resource management
company, is seeking local field archaeologists for project-to-project work
for the upcoming field season in Connecticut. Fieldwork will include Phase
I cultural resources survey and Phase II testing projects, as well as
potentially laboratory duties and report assistance.
Qualified candidates must have:
· Bachelor's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related
· Completed an accredited archaeological field school;
· At least 6 months of archaeological field experience with a
professional cultural resources firm;
· Experience performing archaeological survey and excavation;
· Ability to work in diverse terrain that will involves hiking to
and from project areas;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Ability to work well with others and be a proactive part of a
· Detailed note taking skills;
· A valid driver's license and access to reliable transportation;
· Ability to operate GPS units and navigate using USGS maps/aerial
Please send a cover letter (in PDF or WORD format) that presents your field
experience, including any in Connecticut, a copy of your resume/CV, contact
information for at least of two references, and a date of availability to
dgeorge - at- heritage-consultants.com.
Starting pay will be commensurate with education and experience. Heritage
Consultants is an equal opportunity employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.