•Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States, 78249
We are looking for two (2) Cultural Resources Technicians to be part of an “on-call” team to work on short-term/temporary archaeology projects in the San Antonio area. Due to the nature of the work, candidates living in the San Antonio area or immediate surrounding area will be considered.
The work will include complete archaeological surveying, field testing, including shovel test pits and excavation units, data recovery, and associated field recording, including completion of field forms, digital photography and in-field mapping. Assist with archaeological office and lab work and GPS data collection in the field.
There is the opportunity to contribution to other projects as needed and available.
Complete archaeological surveying, field testing, including shovel test pits and excavation units, data recovery, and associated field recording, including completion of field forms, digital photography and in-field mapping. Assist with archaeological office and lab work and GPS data collection in the field.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Anthropology, Archaeology or closely related field required
- Previous Cultural Resource Management experience preferred, especially experience conducting archaeological survey in the [Project Area] region
- Completion of an accredited Archaeology field school or comparable experience required
- Knowledge of ArcPad or TerraSync is a plus
- Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, often at high altitudes, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full-spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/zq2cqr8nh7