SEARCH, a leading nationwide and global provider of cultural resources services to government and commercial customers, is continuously seeking top talent in the cultural resource management industry. As a full service company, SEARCH offers a multidisciplinary integration of our five divisions: Archaeology, Maritime Archaeology, Architectural History, History and Archives, and Heritage Design.
SEARCH has an immediate opening for a Collections Specialist to join our team. The position is a 12+ month contract role, scheduled full time, based on-site at the client’s facility in Beaufort, SC, and will be responsible for inventorying and processing historic artifacts. The position may include limited travel to other SEARCH facilities. Candidates must be independent, project-focused, detail-oriented, and organized, with the ability to work on multiple tasks while meeting deadlines.
To perform this position successfully, candidates should possess:
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Art, History, or Archaeology, or in Museum Studies;
- Three years’ experience in archives, collections, or records management;
- Experience performing and writing reports for all aspects of collections management, including accessioning, tracking, description, object photography, housing/re-housing and handling historic artifacts;
- Experience with data management (e.g., MS Excel) and database design, construction, and maintenance (e.g., MS Access);
- Ability to perform object research using accession files and other documentation; and
- Ability to lift heavy objects (up to 40 lbs), walk and stand for long periods of time, focus and concentrate on detailed tasks, and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
SEARCH offers a competitive total compensation package with strong health and wellness and retirement plans. SEARCH may offer relocation assistance for the right candidate.
The chosen candidate will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check, including DMV. Candidates must be able to obtain government security clearances and need to be eligible to be employed in the United States.
In Word or as a PDF, please send a cover letter, resume with minimum of two professional references, and dates of your availability. SEARCH will contact professional references and treat all employment inquires with discretion. To apply, click here: https://search.workable.com/jobs/305844
SEARCH is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish.
SEARCH is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
SEARCH is an Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|
The most important aspect of this list is that it is for one purpose only: Announcing jobs/non paying volunteer postings in the international CRM and Academia field at all levels; Field Tech, Professors, SHPO