Entry-level Architectural Historian
SEARCH, a leading nationwide and global provider of cultural resources services to government and commercial customers, is continuously seeking top talent in the cultural resource management industry. As a full service company, SEARCH offers a multidisciplinary integration of our five divisions: Archaeology, Maritime Archaeology, Architectural History, History and Archives, and Heritage Design.
SEARCH has an immediate opening for an exempt full time entry-level Architectural Historian to support general service contracts with our transportation clients. This position will be responsible for conducting field surveys, writing architectural descriptions, reports, and resource forms, developing thoughtful NRHP evaluations and effects assessments, and assisting in agency consultation regarding historic resources.
To perform this position successfully, candidates should possess:
- Master’s degree in Historic Preservation or a related field;
- Architectural Historian job experience preferred;
- Previous experience in cultural resource management and the preparation of deliverables for private and government clients is preferred, but not required;
- Section 4(f) of the Department of Transportation Act project experience is preferred, but not required;
- Strong field and outdoors skill set and the ability to work in physically demanding environments;
- Organization, attention to detail, and ability to work well on simultaneous tasks while meeting project deadlines;
- Ability to work and network independently;
- Superior technical writing ability;
- Effective written and oral communication with project teams and with clients;
- Proficiency with MS Office suite; and
- The ability to travel overnight, as needed, for fieldwork.
The position will be based out of SEARCH’s office in Pensacola, Florida. Routine fieldwork, including overnight travel, will be required and scheduled of the individual hired for this position.
The chosen candidate will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check, including DMV. Applicants need to be eligible to be employed in the United States and be eligible for government security clearances. SEARCH offers a competitive total compensation package with strong health & wellness and retirement plans. Pay will be commensurate with education and experience.
In Word or as a PDF, please send a cover letter, resume with minimum of two professional references, and dates of your availability. SEARCH will contact professional references and treat all employment inquires with discretion. Apply here: https://search.workable.com/jobs/316252
SEARCH is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish.
SEARCH is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
SEARCH is an Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|
The most important aspect of this list is that it is for one purpose only: Announcing jobs/non paying volunteer postings in the international CRM and Academia field at all levels; Field Tech, Professors, SHPO