About the opportunity:
SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking a qualified Archaeologist to work on a special project working with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) throughout the territory encompassed by the BLM's Desert District. The project is expected to last at least one year, and will possibly be expanded depending on performance evaluation by the BLM. The selected individual will be based out of the BLM Barstow Field Office and will be provided with a 4 WD vehicle and the necessary equipment such as a GPS unit, safety gear, camera, etc. Housing and living expenses are the responsibility of the candidate, and residency in the city of Barstow or nearby is required. The highest quality project work is expected for this important client.
What you will accomplish:
Oversee and/or perform all aspects of fieldwork, data collection, inventory, analyses, and review, processing and approval of reports and land authorizations. Write reports and other technical documents, conduct record searches, site form preparation, literature review and historic or prehistoric research.
Experience and qualifications for success:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology or a closely related field is required; Master's degree preferred
- A combination of relevant education and appropriate experience in archaeological/cultural resources management, including a range of field methodologies (survey, testing, excavation, and monitoring) required.
- Experience with energy transmission projects and work with utilities such as Southern California Edison on cultural resources projects preferred.
- Experience in documenting biological and archaeological resources, preferably in California, Mojave Desert and Great Basin regions
- Experience with interpreting USGS topographic maps of various scales.
- Familiarity with National Register and California Register Criteria for evaluating cultural resources.
- Ability to work alone/in a small group with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely with resource professionals.
- Experience using a GPS unit and the ability to learn ESRI ARCMap
- General computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork 8 hours a day, sometimes in inclement weather, remote settings, and/or rugged terrain, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds is required.
- A valid drivers license.
- Ability to pass a federal criminal background check.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full-spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|
The most important aspect of this list is that it is for one purpose only: Announcing jobs/non paying volunteer postings in the international CRM and Academia field at all levels; Field Tech, Professors, SHPO