SEARCH, a leading global provider of cultural resources services to government and commercial customers, is continuously seeking top talent in the cultural resource management industry. As a full-service company, SEARCH offers an integration of our five divisions: Archaeology, Maritime Archaeology, Architectural History, History and Archives, and Heritage Design.
SEARCH has an immediate opening for full time Archaeological Technician to join our terrestrial division in support of multiple cultural resources projects located predominantly on the Island of Guam; travel may also be required, throughout the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and potentially worldwide. This position will consist of archaeological fieldwork across variable terrain. Additional tasks may include archaeological monitoring, historical research, preservation activities, and curation of archaeological artifacts.
Qualified candidates should possess:
· Bachelor's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology or a related field (Master’s degree preferred)
· At least six (6) months of archaeological field experience at an accredited archaeological field school or professional cultural resources firm
· Experience performing archaeological survey and excavation within the Marianas and/or Pacific Region
· Ability to meet deadlines while remaining detail-oriented, organized, and able to work well on simultaneous tasks
· Competence with detailed and relevant project notes
· Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Competence in collecting field data using Trimble GPS units and navigating using USGS maps and aerial photography
· Ability to travel internationally, with a valid driver’s license
· Access to reliable transportation
· Experience and understanding of historic preservation laws and standards
· Experience with and knowledge of GIS is preferred but not required
The position will be based out of SEARCH’s Guam office. This position may require extended travel. SEARCH is not able to provide relocation assistance for candidates.
The chosen candidate will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check. Applicants needs to be eligible to be employed in the United States and able to receive government security clearances. SEARCH offers a competitive total compensation package with strong health & wellness and retirement plans. Pay will be commensurate with education and experience.
In Word or as a PDF, please send a cover letter, resume with professional references, and dates of your availability. SEARCH will treat all employment inquires with discretion. Apply here: https://search.workable.com/j/DA9A7B56C7
SEARCH is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish.
SEARCH is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
SEARCH is a Drug-Free Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|
The most important aspect of this list is that it is for one purpose only: Announcing jobs/non paying volunteer postings in the international CRM and Academia field at all levels; Field Tech, Professors, SHPO