SEARCH, a leading nationwide and global provider of cultural resources services to government and commercial customers, is continuously seeking top talent in the cultural resource management industry. As a full-service company, SEARCH offers an integration of our five divisions: Archaeology, Maritime Archaeology, Architectural History, History and Archives, and Heritage Design.
SEARCH has an immediate opening for full time Archaeological Technician to join our terrestrial division to support multiple cultural resources projects located predominantly in the State of Hawaii. This position will consist of archaeological fieldwork across variable terrain. The candidate will assist also multidisciplinary projects including archaeological monitoring, historical research, preservation activities, and curation of archaeological artifacts.
Qualified candidates should possess:
- Bachelors degree in Archaeology, Anthropology or a related field (Masters degree preferred)
- At least six (6) months of archaeological field experience at an accredited archaeological field school or professional cultural resources firm
- Experience performing archaeological survey and excavation within Hawaii and/or Pacific Region
- Ability to meet deadlines while remaining detail-oriented, organized, and able to work well on simultaneous tasks
- Competence of taking detailed and relevant project notes
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competence of collecting field data using Trimble GPS units and navigating using USGS maps and aerial photography
- Ability to travel, with a valid drivers license and access to reliable transportation
- Experience and knowledge of GIS and historic preservation is not required but preferred
The position will be based out of the SEARCH Kane ohe, Hawaii office. This position will require daily inter-island and multi-week travel, as needed.
The chosen candidate will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check. Applicants needs to be eligible to be employed in the United States and able to receive government security clearances. SEARCH offers a competitive total compensation package with strong health & wellness and retirement plans. Pay will be commensurate with education and experience.
In Word or as a PDF, please send a cover letter, resume with professional references, and dates of your availability. SEARCH will treat all employment inquires with discretion. Apply here:
SEARCH is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish.
SEARCH is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
SEARCH is an Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
SEARCH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|
The most important aspect of this list is that it is for one purpose only: Announcing jobs/non paying volunteer postings in the international CRM and Academia field at all levels; Field Tech, Professors, SHPO